Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Beverly Hills Ninja

So, since I'm on the topic of new bikes, I figured I'd share a quick story about my current tri bike.

Anyone who has ventured out on a >60 mile+ bike ride before could tell you, one becomes quite attached (literally and physically) to the bike that gets them out and back (if it fits correctly). Such was the case this year as I bought, broke in (I'm talking about my ABC, otherwise known as the AXX-Ball-Connection), and bonded w/ my new-ish '05 TREK Equinox 7 triathlon bike. So far, she's gotten me through 2 Sprints, 1 Olympic, 1 Half Ironman and numerous training rides, totally 680 miles so far. The following is a story of how she got her name.

On an unusually brisk morning ride one morning in June, I started my ride outfitted in my new Tri-Suit w/ a Black long sleeve Under Armour shirt and my all black TREK bike. I looked down and noticed I was wearing all black...but not like the Man in Black, Johnny Cash. More like a overweight ninja, a la Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja. The name was minted after I learned a week later that my bike weighed almost 27lbs when loaded w/ three full bottles. So my 230lbs of fat-ass, wearing all black spandex, black helmut, black cleats, all riding on the a black bike EQUALS "BEVERLY HILLS NINJA".

So I'm declaring 2007 the year of the NINJA. Were BHN and I sneak up on the innocent and helpless competition to destroy them while they sleep...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home