Tuesday, October 03, 2006
No more FATMAN!!
Soooo...as I outlined in the second post I made, healthy living/eating is a huge part of my journey to IRONMAN. As a matter of fact, I want to lose about 40 lbs to be a more efficient runner so I can go from "back of the pack" to "middle of the pack". Imagine running with FOUR POTATO SACKS strapped to your body...that's what it's like when I run :) Also, I'm quite a few lbs over the Navy standard for my height...so, it's diet time for the FATMAN.

I've thought an awful lot about my eating habits and have read a bunch of books about healthy eating, but I just can't get past the cravings (for carbs, snacks, ice cream, twinkies ;) I'm even worse at actually sitting down and planning my meals. So I decided I needed a whole new perspective on eating healthy.

So Monday I signed up with LA WEIGHT LOSS to lose the the monkey off my back. I know it sounds totally gay, but my Mom had great success with it and she lost weight the right way...through healthy food choices and portion control.

So, I paid for a year's worth of services from LA WEIGHT LOSS. It's actually not that bad of a deal...works out to be around $7/WK (after initial set up fees). This is what I get in return- a support network of counselors, weekly diet menus, an online cookbook w/ 300+ recipes, 3Xs/week weigh-ins, an online food intake diary, and access to a dietician by email. Probably the most useful, are the weekly weigh-in's...the scale just doesn't lie. So far I've found that the ladies that work there are overly enthusiastic and pretty freakin annoying, but their enthusiasm will probably help when I need it, so I'll let them slide for now :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home