Sunday, September 24, 2006
FIRST POST!!
Well, here I am...standing at the foot of the biggest mountain I've ever decided to climb. That proverbial mountain is the next year of my life, during which I will hopefully become an IRONMAN. Through the next year I'll swim, bike, and run until I’m a finely tuned triathlon machine. I'll do these things like it's my job (approximately 20 hours a week as a matter of fact). But I hope that at the end of that year (approx OCT 2007) I will hear “J.R. Ewing, you are an IRONMAN!” as I cross the finish line of a 140.3 mile race. See my next post to find out why I’m undertaking that crazy journey…


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you. I think the stamina it takes to complete such a race is amazing and the mental drive to do it even more amazing. You go for it and I am sure that you can do it. I will be checking in. Heck maybe it will motivate me to be able to run 2.5 miles. P.s. Came over from Azzy's blog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, makes me tired just contemplating your 'journey'!

Blogger Azzy Ewing said...

You can definietly do this. I'm so proud of you, and it is very inspiring. You did so well during the half and I knew when you crossed the finish line you'd be itching for the full! I'll be there to cheer you own.

Post a Comment

<< Home